“No permanence is ours; we are a wave
That flows to fit whatever form it finds”
― Hermann Hesse, The Glass Bead Game
Today, we will dive deep into:
- The turning points and lessons of Stephan Rechtschaffen’s life phases turned into pearls of wisdom.
- As the Founder of Omega Institute in 1977 and now Blue Spirit Costa Rica he is deeply immersed in the field of spirituality, personal development, and hosting retreats for almost half a century. What are the critical developments our guest sees happening in the sector with spirituality going mainstream and personal development being usurped as a commodity. What are his main learnings and key takeaways he wants to share?
- A deep reflection on the notion of the absence of individual and social wisdom – replaced by information and speed – thus talking about time and process – its connection to deeper wellbeing – and thus sizing of new tribal communities that can honor peaceful and nature-based practices. In other words, discernment and mechanism of social media and what’s the solution to its negative effects?
- They say we are in the third wave of the psychedelic renaissance. A lot of people around us are pretty critical of many things that are going on. What’s Mr. Rechtschaffen’s take on psychedelics – from personal experience – especially when it comes to training states of consciousness through techniques like meditation?
- What are the necessary steps towards a planetary civilization ahead when we look at the insides that make us human?
- Finally, we will share our thoughts about the connection between history and the future of our planet at this chaotic moment.
About Stephan Rechtschaffen
Stephan Rechtschaffen, MD, author of Timeshifting, is cofounder of the Omega Institute and creator and director, and visionary of Blue Spirit Costa Rica in Nosara. He has been teaching Manifest Your Vision for more than 20 years and regularly consults with centers, organizations, and businesses in this emerging field. For decades, he has been involved in developing communities that model sustainable and spiritual dimensions of living a more wholesome and authentic lifestyle. He has served and currently serves as a consultant or board member to many organizations that promote this type of work, including Upaya Zen Center, the Center for Discovery, and GeoFund.
Rechtschaffen is also a widely recognized holistic physician who lectures on health, wellness, nutrition, longevity, and time. He is a co-author of Vitality and Wellness and author of Timeshifting, a book that focuses on one’s relationship to time and stress amidst the quickening pace of modern life. These interests have drawn him to living and working in the more mindful and slower-paced environment of Blue Spirit Costa Rica.