We will discuss:
- The guest will answer in-depth questions regarding his career and experience, such as: What are his main takeaways from working for 20 years as a venture early-stage investor, and essentials for getting started to play the game according to the rules.
- His own assessment of the current market.
- He will sketch and explain the following ventures he started:
- How do we bring the needed resources to regenerative projects and communities so humanity can thrive with the natural world and what services or products is he supporting to raise our consciousness?
- How to sketch some of the scalable solutions to begin to thrive with all of nature and this planet.
- When you look at the current state of affairs on the planet, what are the biggest leverage points you see: personal development, cultural development, systems change, and often times a large part of our society believes that technology can solve our planet’s problems when actually it is something that has to be fixed by desiring and putting your heart in it.
- No industry is perfect and for the first time in our podcast series, we will discuss the hindrances and obstacles of the regenerative paradigm. Maybe we need less scientism?
- Finally, our guest will share what fills him with hope to create a future in peace, ecological health, and abundance with all sentient beings on this beautiful planet.
About Roland Van der Meer
My guest, Roland Van der Meer, brings deep experience in helping develop and build strategies, processes, and teams to manage, grow and scale companies to their maximum value. He has been passionate about finding scalable solutions to be able to begin to thrive with all of nature and this planet.
Currently, he is an Executive Chairman of UpTerra, an Ag Tech company that is bringing a revolution to farming structuring water and frequency imprinting at scales unheard of before, that dramatically reduces all inputs and significantly improves yields. He is also Chairman of Amphibian Capital, a fund of funds of quantitative crypto funds, that donates 50% of its profits to Regenerative Assets.
Over the past 12 years, he has helped create and build three firms in sustainable real assets that now manage over $2.5B in assets across Agriculture, Energy, Water, and Waste. Equilibrium Capital, Biological Capital, and Ultra Capital. Each of these companies represents a new approach to investing in regenerative solutions that scale: Ultra Capital, investing in small and mid-size infrastructure and real asset projects that accelerate fundamental resource sustainability in agriculture, energy, water, and waste. Bio-Logical Capital, a land investment, development, revitalization, and conservation firm, and Equilibrium Capital, a sustainably-driven real asset funds manager.
In the prior 20 years, he co-founded ComVentures, a venture early stage investor in the communications sector, that managed over $1.5B. His personal track record has over a 20% IRR.